Who is the course suitable for?
- Solar system planners, installers and maintenance technicians
- Building surveyors
What will I be able to do after completing the course?
- Carry out roof flight planning with common flight planning apps (in the course using the DJI GS Pro app)
- Understand important parameters of survey flights
- Analysing recorded photo data with Pix4Dmapper
- Creating 3D models for surveying and advertising purposes (point clouds and 3D meshes)
- Post-processing of point clouds
- Measuring and subdividing roof surfaces (lengths and areas directly in Pix4Dmapper)
How much time do I need to plan?
approx. three to five hours
When can I take part?
At any time. You can watch the videos when and where you want.
What do I need to have to put what I have learnt into practice?
- Drone with a view camera (ideally RTK-capable)
- Flight planning app (ideally DJI GS Pro with activated POI function)
- Two control points or another reference dimension
- Valid (test) licence from Pix4Dmapper
You will receive access to our online learning programme, which you can complete at your own pace. We will provide you with basic knowledge about creating roof measurements with Pix4Dmapper. Including the topics:
- Calculation of 3D models
- Calculation of roof surfaces in the model
- Calculation of sections and distances in the model
- Removal of interfering objects when creating roof measurements